When negligent medical professionals do more harm than good, the results can be devastating. Such negligence can result in life-threatening injuries and conditions that are expensive to manage. If you or a family member has been affected by medical malpractice, you need a trusted attorney who can navigate the legal process on your behalf.
At Richmond Vona, LLC, our team has over three decades of experience helping victims of medical negligence get the financial resources they need to live better and healthier lives. Consider working with a New York medical malpractice lawyer from our firm to get the compassionate, client-focused representation you need to move past this difficult time.
Medical Malpractice Incidents a New York Attorney Can Seek Compensation for
When medical professionals fail to provide a certain standard of care for their patients, a variety of serious incidents can occur. Our medical malpractice lawyers in Buffalo and throughout New York have helped patients get the help they need to deal with a number of different accidents and injuries caused by medical negligence.
Our team can use their experience to your advantage and take the steps necessary to recover compensation for any of the following incidents:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Medication errors
- Birth injuries
- Unnecessary surgery
- Improper prescriptions
- Poor aftercare
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Defective medical devices
If you’ve suffered an injury due to one of the situations listed above or another incident caused by medical negligence, our firm is here for you. A lawyer from our team can meet with you to discuss your injuries and determine what needs to be done to get you the remedies you’re owed.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving New York, call (716) 300-5885
How an Attorney Can Make Your Medical Malpractice Case Successful
Our New York medical malpractice attorneys must take several important steps to help you get the most out of your claim. Here’s what they’ll do to file a facts-based claim on your behalf that gets the results you need to treat your injuries and improve your quality of life:
- Investigate the incident
- Collect evidence, interview witnesses, and analyze findings
- Determine if the medical professional or facility has a history of malpractice
- Use evidence to prove the offending part should be held liable for your injuries and losses
- File a claim with the appropriate authority
- See your case through from start to finish
- Work tirelessly to obtain the damages you’re owed
- Answer any questions you have and provide regular updates on the status of your claim
Proving Your Case
As mentioned above, your lawyer must use evidence to prove that the offending medical professional or entity should be held responsible for the injuries and losses you’ve suffered. To do so, a medical malpractice lawyer from our team in New York must establish the following elements:
- Duty of Care: When you receive treatment from a doctor or nurse, they’re legally obligated to uphold a duty of care. That means they’re required to take reasonable steps to prevent you from suffering foreseeable harm. To prove your case, your lawyer must first establish that the medical professional owed you a duty of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, your lawyer will have to use evidence to show that the negligent medical professional failed to uphold a reasonable duty of care while providing you with medical care.
- Causation: Once our medical malpractice lawyers in New York have established that there was a breach of the duty of care, they’ll use your medical records to show that the breach caused your injuries directly. This is an important step, as it shows that the medical incident caused your injuries instead of a separate accident.
- Damages: Finally, your lawyer must show that you suffered financial losses as a result of the medical malpractice incident. Once our New York team has completed this last step, it’s likely that you’ll receive compensation for the pain, distress, and financial losses you’ve been burdened with.
New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
Damages Available to Medical Malpractice Victims in New York
A medical malpractice injury can require expensive treatment to recover from and manage. That said, such injuries can leave you with a number of other significant losses. It’s your attorney’s job to identify all the losses you’ve taken on and calculate how much compensation you need to deal with the challenges you’re facing.
Our attorneys can seek the following economic and non-economic damages for the expenses, losses, and intangible struggles you’ve been forced to deal with:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Cost of surgery, assistive devices, medications, and rehabilitative therapy sessions
- Lost wages
- Decreased earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Compensation for Fatal Malpractice Injuries
If your loved one has passed away due to injuries suffered in a medical malpractice incident, our compassionate New York attorneys may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf. They’ll seek compensation to help you cover funeral expenses, burial costs, inherited medical bills, and more.
A successful suit may also yield damages like loss of inheritance, loss of financial support, loss of consortium, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life. We understand this is likely an extremely difficult time for you, but our committed attorneys are here to guide you through the legal process with patience and respect.
Our New York Medical Malpractice Lawyers Are Committed to Your Recovery
Dealing with an injury caused by medical negligence can be a traumatic experience that may take thousands of dollars and considerable time to move past. Luckily, the team at Richmond Vona, LLC, is here to guide you through the legal process and aggressively pursue the financial remedies you deserve.
To meet with a highly experienced attorney from a team that has recovered over $175 million for wrongly injured clients, contact our firm today. We’ll schedule a free, no-obligation consultation between you and a trusted New York medical malpractice lawyer. They’ll ask you about your injuries, determine if you have grounds for a claim, and explain your legal options.