Boating is a fun activity, but when other parties are negligent, and it’s out of your control, the injuries you suffer can be catastrophic. If you were injured in a boat accident, one of our Cheektowaga, NY, boat accident lawyers is ready to help you.
At Richmond Vona, LLC, we truly care about our clients, and we’ll take our time to get to know you and how we can best serve you. We offer free case consultations, and if you’re in the hospital or don’t have the resources to travel to our Cheektowaga office, our team of personal injury lawyers in Cheektowaga, NY, will come to you.
Who Can You Hold Accountable in a Cheektowaga, NY, Boating Crash?
One of the first things our lawyers will do for you is determine who is at fault for your boating crash and resulting injuries. There are several common parties you can hold accountable for your injuries. We can help you hold the following parties liable:
- Boat operator: The person driving the boat may be accountable for any negligence or boating rules and regulations violations.
- Boat owner: If the boat is owned by someone other than the operator, they could be held responsible for allowing an incompetent operator or failing to maintain the vessel properly.
- Passengers: Depending on their actions, passengers may be accountable if their behavior contributed to the crash or distracted the operator.
- Boating company: If the boat is part of a rental or tour company, they may share liability for inadequate training, supervision, or faulty equipment.
- Manufacturers: In case of a mechanical failure, the manufacturer or supplier of faulty boat parts may be held responsible.
- Local authorities: If there were issues with navigational markers, inadequate waterway maintenance, or lack of enforcement, local authorities may share responsibility.
Remember that you could recover compensation from more than one negligent party. Our Cheektowaga, NY, boat accident attorneys can help you gather the evidence necessary to prove negligence to recover the compensation you qualify for.
For a free legal consultation with a boat accident lawyer serving Cheektowaga, call (716) 300-5885
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Boat Accident Claim in New York?
According to CPLR 214(5), New York’s statute of limitations gives you three years from the boat accident to file your claim. However, there may be details in your accident that increase or reduce the time you have to file your claim.
To be on the safe side, you should file your claim as soon as you can. Our Cheektowaga, NY, boating accident attorneys can assist you in gathering the necessary evidence and paperwork. If you fail to file your claim within three years of your accident, you will lose your ability to recover compensation for your injuries.
As a result, you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for all your injuries, which can increase your stress and reduce your healing speed. To avoid this situation, you can get in touch with one of our attorneys and we can help you.
Cheektowaga Boat Accident Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
What Damages Can You Recover in a Cheektowaga, NY, Boating Accident Case?
After you’ve been in a boat crash, you’re probably worried about how you’ll pay for all the losses you’ve suffered. But don’t worry; our Cheektowaga, NY, attorneys can help you get compensation for these losses. You could be eligible to recover damages such as:
- Medical expenses: You could recover damages for medical bills, physical therapy, surgeries, and even transportation to the hospital.
- Property damage: Reimbursements for repairing or replacing damaged property, such as the boat or personal belongings.
- Lost wages: Compensation for income lost due to missed work while recovering from injuries sustained in the boat accident.
- Pain and suffering: Non-economic damages covering physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish experienced due to the accident.
- Loss of consortium: Damages awarded to the spouse or family member for the injured party’s loss of companionship, care, and affection.
- Disability and disfigurement: Compensation for long-term or permanent disabilities or disfigurements resulting from the boat accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Damages for the reduction in the injured person’s ability to enjoy life as before the accident.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the parties intentionally hurt you or a loved one, you could receive punitive damages that will punish the liable party.
- Wrongful death: In the event of a fatality, compensation may be awarded to surviving family members for losing financial support, services, and companionship.
If you lost a loved one in the boating crash, our legal team is so sorry for your loss. We want to make this process as easy as possible while you’re grieving the loss of your loved one. Our Cheektowaga, NY, wrongful death attorneys can help you file a claim to get compensation and justice for your loved one.
Let Richmond Vona, LLC, Handle Your Cheektowaga Boat Accident Case
After a boating crash, our firm wants you to know that you can trust our team to get you the compensation you deserve. We have the qualifications and empathy you need to successfully go through the legal process of a boat crash. Here are a few reasons our clients choose us over other New York personal injury firms:
We’ll Get To Know You, Not Just Your Case
Many personal injury firms say this, but few mean it. But with our firm’s culture and dedication to your experience with us, we’ll demonstrate that we mean it. When you schedule a free consultation with our team, we’re excited to meet you and figure out a strategy to help you get the compensation you deserve.
In handling your case, we’ll ask you questions about yourself to build a relationship with you that will help us understand your case thoroughly. Then, we use all our information about you and our case to build a strong case.
We Have Over 30 Years of Experience
And that’s just between our two leading and co-founding lawyers, John E. Richmond and Keith R. Vona. When you take all of the lawyers we have at our firm into account, it’s a significantly higher amount of experience our legal team has.
Our experience is one of the reasons why we have such a long history of success. We’ve recovered over $175 million for our personal injury clients. And the other component is our genuine passion for helping people get justice when negligent parties have wronged them. When we work with you, we’re ready to add your settlement amount to our victories.
If You Need Medical Care, We Find It.
Our firm is glad to be able to help our clients beyond the legal realm. If you’ve suffered severe injuries, our team of Cheektowaga, NY, boat accident attorneys can help you find high-quality medical treatment.
We will also help you retain financial assistance throughout the legal process. We’re willing to do everything we can to help you succeed with us standing behind you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us When You’re in Pain After a Boating Accident
At Richmond Vona LLC, our Cheektowaga, NY, boat accident attorneys are ready to help you when you get into an unexpected boating crash in Cheektowaga, NY. We intentionally take on a small caseload to give your case the undivided attention it deserves.
Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our passionate boating accident lawyers.