At Richmond Vona, LLC, we understand all too well the fear, stress, and uncertainty that comes after a tragic slip and fall accident. When serious injuries occur due to no fault of your own, it can feel overwhelming to navigate the complex legal system in search of fair compensation to aid in your recovery.
Our Amherst slip and fall accident lawyers are here to ease this difficult journey, advocating tirelessly on your behalf to protect your rights and achieve the maximum settlement your case deserves. With over 30 years of combined legal experience and a deep commitment to client satisfaction, we listen carefully to understand the full impact this accident has had on your life.
Whether you’ve suffered impairments that prevent you from returning to work or require costly ongoing medical care, our personal injury attorneys in Amherst are united in our commitment to fight for the maximum compensation possible on your behalf.
Property Owners Have a Duty to Keep Their Premises Safe
Commercial and residential property owners can be held negligent for failing to maintain their property and keep visitors safe. Many situations that create dangerous conditions through negligence can lead to valid slip and fall lawsuits in Amherst.
Just a few examples include things like slipping on liquid spills at grocery stores, or falling due to uneven walking surfaces, poor lighting, wet flooring, or obstacles left in common areas at apartment complexes.
Where an injury occurred as a result of a hazard that the responsible party knew about and failed to fix in a timely manner, there is likely a strong basis for holding that party liable. Our Amherst slip and fall lawyers have the resources to carefully evaluate your claim and pursue compensation from the negligent property owner.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accident lawyer serving Amherst, call (716) 300-5885
What Determines the Amount of Compensation in a Slip and Fall Case?
Several factors determine the settlement amount in a premises liability claim involving a slip and fall injury:
- Severity of injuries: The more serious the injuries, the higher the potential settlement. Injuries may include broken bones, head trauma, lacerations, sprains and strains, herniated discs, and u
- Medical bills: All past and future medical costs related to diagnosing and treating the injuries will be considered. This may include costs for hospitalization, surgeries, prescription medications, physical therapy, and specialized treatments.
- Lost income: If the injury prevented the victim from working or resulted in a loss of income, that amount will be factored in. Lost wages can significantly increase the value of a claim.
- Age of the victim: Younger injury victims tend to receive higher settlements as they have a longer life expectancy and work career impacted by the injuries.
- Permanent impairment: If the injury leaves the victim with any permanent functional loss, disfigurement, or impairment, compensatory damages will typically be higher. Your Amherst slip and fall attorney can work with healthcare planners to determine the true cost of your future care and lost earning potential.
- Type of negligent property: Property owners with a history of other accidents or violations will likely pay higher settlements. Places involving public access pose more risk.
- Comparable claims and verdicts: Your personal injury attorney will research past settlements and verdicts in similar slip and fall cases to determine an appropriate range for their client’s claim.
- Demand letter and evidence: A detailed, evidence-backed demand letter from your Amherst slip and fall lawyer can help persuade the at-fault party to offer a larger settlement to avoid a costly lawsuit.
Amherst Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
What Damages Can an Amherst Slip and Fall Attorney Help Me Recover?
Here are some of the damages you may be able to collect for a slip and fall premises liability claim with an attorney in Amherst:
This includes past and future costs for doctor visits, emergency care, hospitalizations, surgeries, physical therapy, prescription medications, medical devices, and other treatment required due to your injuries.
If the accident caused you to miss work or prevented you from working, you may be able to recover lost pay, lost benefits, and lost future earning potential.
Pain and Suffering
You may receive compensation for physical pain, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, scarring, and other non-economic damages due to the injuries and their impact on your life.
Permanent Impairment or Disability
If the accident left you with permanent impairments that limit your normal activities or abilities, you may receive damages for that.
If applicable, the attorney may attempt to recover costs from damage to items you owned, like glasses or clothing, due to the incident.
In some rare cases, if the defendant acted with gross negligence or intentional misconduct, the plaintiff may receive punitive damages in addition to economic and non-economic compensatory damages.
The specific damages you collect will depend on your injuries, treatment needed, impact on your work and life, details of the incident, and other factors. An experienced Amherst slip and fall attorney can thoroughly evaluate your claim and advise you on the full scope of potential damages you could recover.
Contact an Amherst Personal Injury Law Firm To Learn More About Filing a Slip and Fall Claim Today
The personal injury lawyers of Richmond Vona, LLC are committed to making the process as smooth as possible while advocating tirelessly to maximize your compensation. We have the resources and knowledge to build a strong case that reflects the full gravity of your injuries and losses.
Our legal team is here to answer your questions, gather evidence and documents to support your claim, and negotiate with insurance companies or pursue litigation when necessary. Your physical and emotional recovery must come first – let us handle the legal aspects so you can focus your energy on healing.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation, determine if you have a viable claim, and explain how we can help you achieve the best possible outcome. We look forward to serving as your trusted advisors throughout this journey ahead.