You shouldn’t have to worry about getting injured when you visit public property like a business or a restaurant. But unfortunately, you do, if the property owners are negligent, because you could sustain severe injuries.
But don’t worry; our team of premises liability attorneys in Cheektowaga, NY, at Richmond Vona, LLC, can help you get justice for your losses. Our Cheektowaga, NY, personal injury attorneys have over 30 years of experience representing clients in Cheektowaga and surrounding cities. If you’ve suffered injuries in a premises liability accident, we can travel to you for a free case consultation.
What Types of Injuries Can You Suffer in a Premises Liability Case?
Depending on your type of accident on someone else’s property, your resulting injuries could range from severe to catastrophic. Our Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability attorneys can help you get medical care and compensation for the following injuries:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Trip and fall injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Electrical shock injuries
- Drowning or near-drowning
- Toxic exposure
- Dog bites
- Brain injuries
If you suffered one of these injuries, our compassionate team can help you get the medical care you need and start building a case.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Cheektowaga, call (716) 300-5885
What Are the Common Causes of Premises Liability Cases?
Depending on the location of your accident, the cause of your accident will vary. But in our experience, as Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability attorneys, some of the most common causes include:
- Slippery or wet floors
- Uneven or damaged flooring
- Inadequate lighting
- Lack of proper signage or warnings
- Hazardous construction or building maintenance
- Unsafe stairs or handrails
- Insufficient security measures
- Negligent property maintenance
- Defective or poorly maintained elevators and escalators
- Animal-related incidents
- Toxic substances or chemicals
- Inadequate supervision in public spaces
- Falling objects or merchandise
- Malfunctioning or faulty equipment
At Richmond Vona, LLC, we can help determine what caused your accident. We use the latest technology to examine premises liability cases so you can feel confident in our determinations.
Cheektowaga Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability in New York?
In New York, CPLR 214(5) states that the statute of limitations for a premises liability case is three years from the accident date. This means that you have three years to file a personal injury claim from the day you suffer injuries.
Our team understands this can be overwhelming, and we’re here to help you through it all. We can answer any questions about filing a claim, such as any possible deviations from the standard statute of limitations and the necessary paperwork.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Premises Liability Attorney?
At our law firm, we don’t charge you anything until we win a settlement for you or recover damages. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning our payment depends on your success in your case. Our team understands that thinking about paying any out-of-pocket expenses after a severe injury can be overwhelming.
But even if our team does win you a financial award, you don’t have to pay anything directly to us. We’ll deduct our contingency fee of 33% from your settlement before you receive it so there’s nothing else to worry about.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can You Recover After You’re Injured in a Premises Liability Accident?
Our team is dedicated to being transparent and getting you the maximum compensation. So when you come to us with injuries, you can trust us to fight for every damage you qualify for. Some of the damages our Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability lawyers can recover for you include the following:
Economic damages are losses you’ve suffered with a dollar value that we can calculate. The economic damages in a premises liability case may include the following:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past, current, and future medical bills related to the injuries sustained in the accident.
- Lost wages: Reimbursement for income lost due to missed work while recovering from the injuries.
- Property damage: Compensation for repair or replacement costs of damaged personal belongings or property.
- Rehabilitation costs: Expenses associated with physical therapy, rehabilitation programs, or specialized medical care.
- Home care: Compensation for hiring assistance or in-home care during recovery.
- Transportation costs: Reimbursement for travel-related expenses for medical treatments or appointments.
- Lost earning capacity: Compensation for reducing the ability to earn income in the future due to permanent injuries.
- Loss of consortium: Damages awarded to the spouse or family member for the injured party’s loss of companionship, care, and affection.
Non-economic damages, however, are losses you’ve suffered that don’t have a quantifiable value. Some common non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical and emotional pain from the premises liability incident.
- Emotional distress: Damages awarded for psychological trauma, anxiety, or emotional anguish caused by the incident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Compensation for the diminished ability to enjoy activities and experiences due to the injuries sustained.
- Loss of consortium: Damages provided to the spouse or family members for the loss of companionship, support, and affection due to the injured party’s condition.
- Mental anguish: Compensation for the psychological distress and mental trauma experienced following the premises liability accident.
- Disfigurement: Damages awarded for permanent physical scarring or disfigurement resulting from the incident.
- Physical impairment: Compensation for the lasting physical limitations or disabilities caused by the premises liability injuries.
Depending on the severity of your injuries and liable parties in your Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability case, you could be eligible to recover additional damages. The only way to know is to get in touch with one of our Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability attorneys.
Contact Us After Your Premises Liability Accident in Cheektowaga, NY
Our firm’s culture and passion for our clients have led us to where we are today. We’ve recovered over $175 million for the hundreds of clients we’ve served. We’re ready to have you as our next client after you’ve sustained injuries in a premises liability accident.
Our Cheektowaga, NY, premises liability lawyers at Richmond Vona, LLC, can give you a free case consultation; contact us today.