If you’ve been hurt in an accident while walking near traffic, you may be coping with injuries that are not of your own doing. Richmond Vona understands how life can change in an instant from the careless conduct of others.
Our East Amherst pedestrian accident attorneys are here to ensure your legal rights are protected and you receive full compensation for losses endured.
Whether your situation involved an impaired or distracted driver, unsafe roadway conditions, or other negligent circumstances, the East Amherst personal injury lawyers of Richmond Vona have experience building solid cases. You don’t have to face this challenge alone. Let us put our resources and experience to work for you.
How Can I Help Ensure that the Insurance Company Will Pay for All of My Losses?
Here are some steps you can take to help ensure the negligent driver’s insurance company compensates you for all your losses:
- Document everything: If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, record details of the incident and injuries, and get witness contact information. This documentation helps establish negligence.
- Seek medical treatment: Get evaluated by doctors and follow their treatment plan. Document all medical bills and time off work.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer: An experienced attorney can help negotiate with the insurer, establish a settlement value, and file a lawsuit if needed.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accident lawyer serving East Amherst, call (716) 300-5885
Liability in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can result from the negligent actions of drivers or dangerous conditions created by other parties. Determining liability is crucial to building a strong injury claim.
Most pedestrian accidents are caused by driver error. Common examples include:
- Speeding or aggressive driving
- Distracted or impaired driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Disregarding traffic signs or signals
- Fatigue or lack of attention
If a driver acted negligently and caused your accident, they can be held liable for any resulting damages.
Dangerous Roads and Infrastructure
Poorly designed roads, lack of signage, and other infrastructure issues can also contribute to pedestrian accidents. Potentially liable parties include:
- State and local governments
- Contractors who built unsafe roads
- Businesses that failed to maintain areas near their property
Proving negligence will require showing they created or knew of the hazardous condition but failed to fix it. A pedestrian accident lawyer in East Amherst can help gather the evidence needed to build a solid claim.
Multiple Liable Parties
Sometimes, liability is split between negligent drivers and other parties. For example, an impaired driver may have struck you due to their own negligence, but poor lighting and lack of crosswalks also contributed.
Pursuing injury claims against all responsible parties maximizes your chance of recovering full damages. An experienced attorney can identify all potential defendants.
East Amherst Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
Gathering Evidence After a Pedestrian Accident
Building a convincing negligence claim requires sound legal arguments backed by compelling evidence. Key evidence to collect includes:
- Police reports detailing the accident circumstances
- Photographs and video of the accident scene and injuries
- Eyewitness statements on what occurred
- Medical records documenting the extent of injuries
- Traffic camera footage if available
- Police sobriety test results for impaired driving cases
- Records of prior crashes at the same location
An attorney knows specifically what evidence to obtain and how to present it effectively to prove liability.
Calculating Pedestrian Accident Compensation
If negligence is proven, the at-fault driver and other liable parties must provide compensation for all losses suffered. This can include:
- Medical expenses from injury treatment
- Income lost due to missing work
- Pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Long-term care and rehabilitation
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Wrongful death damages for fatal accidents
Thoroughly calculating and documenting these damages is key to maximizing compensation. A personal injury lawyer in East Amherst may retain economic and healthcare experts to assess losses and strengthen your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
Handling a major injury claim on your own can undermine the compensation you deserve. An attorney provides:
- Knowledge of liability laws and potential defenses
- Resources to conduct a full investigation
- Negotiation skills to demand fair settlements
- Trial experience to present a compelling case
With an attorney, you also avoid out-of-pocket costs. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no upfront payments. Let our pedestrian accident lawyers in East Amherst put our experience to work for you.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Law Firm in East Amherst Today
We understand moving forward from even minor injuries can feel overwhelming. Let us ease that burden by advocating strongly on your behalf. Our team has successfully handled hundreds of personal injury cases, and we will apply that experience now to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
You have our assurance that we will thoroughly and aggressively pursue the full extent of the damages owed. Whether that results in an early settlement or requires a trial, our priority is ensuring you receive maximum and fair compensation.
Contact Richmond Vona today for a consultation. You pay nothing unless we deliver results for your case. We will take the time to explain your options and address all questions carefully. Working together, we aim to help you achieve closure and focus on healing from here. Your recovery should be the sole focus. Let us help.