If you’ve been hit and injured in a bus accident, you need strong and passionate legal representation to help you get compensation for your pain. At Richmond Vona, LLC, our Amherst, NY, bus accident attorneys help you.
We can examine your case in a free case evaluation. Our personal injury attorneys in Amherst, NY, are ready to identify the liable parties in your bus accident and hold them accountable.
What Injuries Can You Suffer in a Bus Accident?
Depending on the bus’ speed, size, and type, the severity of your injuries could vary. Some common injuries our bus accident lawyers in Amherst, NY, have seen in bus crash cases include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Neck injuries such as whiplash
- Back injuries
No matter how small your injuries may seem, you should always seek medical attention to make sure you are okay. If you don’t, your injuries could worsen, and you’ll be less likely to win your case.
Getting medical care can be difficult, whether you don’t have insurance or you don’t have the energy to find a doctor that’s right for you. Our team will be happy to help you find a quality doctor that can get you on the right track and help you heal.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accident lawyer serving Amherst, call (716) 300-5885
What Damages Can You Recover After a Bus Crash in Amherst, NY?
After you suffer injuries and losses in a bus accident, we understand that you may be struggling financially and be stressed about the upcoming bills. However, you could be eligible to recover financial and non-financial damages. These damages can help you afford your medical care and everyday living expenses, such as:
- Medical expenses: The cost of medical treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, therapy, and other healthcare-related expenses incurred due to the bus accident.
- Lost wages: Compensation for the income lost as a result of being unable to work during the recovery period or due to permanent disability caused by the accident.
- Property damage: Reimbursement for the repair or replacement of damaged personal property, such as vehicles or belongings, resulting from the bus accident.
- Loss of earning capacity: Compensation for the reduction in the ability to earn income in the future due to lasting injuries sustained in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering experienced as a result of the bus accident and injuries.
- Emotional distress: Compensation for psychological and emotional trauma, anxiety, fear, or mental anguish caused by the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Compensation for the loss of ability to participate in activities or enjoy life as before the accident due to injuries and disabilities.
- Loss of consortium: Damages awarded to a spouse or family member for the loss of companionship, support, and love resulting from the injuries sustained in the bus accident.
Amherst Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (716) 300-5885
How Can an Amherst Bus Accident Attorney Help You?
Our Amherst, NY, bus accident lawyers at Richmond Vona, LLC have over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases, including bus accidents. We can help you with several aspects of your case, such as:
- Providing legal advice and guidance throughout the legal process.
- Investigating the bus accident thoroughly to determine liability and fault.
- Gathering evidence, including expert witness statements, surveillance footage, and accident reports.
- Assessing the full extent of your injuries and damages, including medical records and bills.
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Pursuing a fair settlement for your injuries and losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Representing your interests in court if a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiations.
- Working with medical experts and accident reconstruction specialists to strengthen your case.
- Handling all paperwork, filings, and legal procedures related to your claim.
- Protecting your rights and advocate for the desired outcome in your case.
- Offering support and guidance to help you make informed decisions throughout the legal process.
And in addition to all of the ways we can help you, we can give you a free case evaluation to give you an idea of the damages you could recover in your case. And don’t worry; if you’re in the hospital, we can travel to you to assess your legal case.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Bus Accident in New York?
When you suffer injuries in New York, you only have a short time to file a personal injury claim. New York’s statute of limitations states that you have three years from the accident date to file. One of our Amherst, NY, bus accident attorneys is ready to help you gather the evidence and necessary paperwork to file.
We can also tell you exactly how long you have to file since the deadline to file can change depending on your case’s details. The most important thing is that you file as soon as you’ve received medical attention. The sooner you file, the higher the chance you have to recover the maximum compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us After You’ve Been Injured in a Bus Accident in Amherst, NY
At Richmond Vona, LLC, our team of Amherst, NY, bus accident attorneys is ready to help you build a strong case so you can recover compensation. Our firm is dedicated to you and your case, so we’ll get to know you personally so we can succeed in your case. We take on a lower caseload so we can give your case the attention it deserves.
Contact us for a free consultation today.